Try this neat trick for peeling potatoes fast without a vegetable peeler. You can also see this tip in our Video How-To's. It's a great time-saver when you need to make a lot of potato salad or mashed potatoes. This works for any type of potato. Potatoes are the perfect answer when you're looking for delicious and nutritious vegetables & sides. (And if you're preparing a dish using onions, be sure to see our no-cry tips for chopping onions, too!)
1) First bring water to boil in a pot large enough to hold all the potatoes you need to peel.
2) Score each potato all the way around the circumference, cutting just through the skin.
3) Place the potatoes in the boiling water and let them boil for about 15 minutes for smaller potatoes, longer for large ones, until just tender.
4) Drain the potatoes and quickly put them in a bowl of ice water for about 20 seconds.
5) Now just peel off the skin with your fingers. It slips off so easily, and saves so much time.
More Cooking Tips
Learn the secret to making perfect fried rice from global cooking expert Jaden Hair, then try her delicious and easy Fried Brown Rice with Tofu recipe!
Nothing beats a freshly baked muffin. Check out these tips for baking the best muffins, and then try them out with some of our free muffin recipes.
Roast chicken is one of the simplest and most comforting meals you can prepare for your family, and it should be in every cook's repertoire. Here are some tips to show you how easy it can be to pull a juicy, golden brown roast chicken out of your oven.
Here are some simple tips to avoid tears when cutting onions. Take this advice when you prep onions for any of the easy recipes from CookingVillage!
Follow these tips on how to cook pasta perfectly every time. Then use them for any of CookingVillage's easy pasta recipes!
Grill burgers like a pro with these 8 burger tips from CookingVillage.
Peeling potatoes is a tedious chore that can take quite awhile. Learn the secret trick to peel potatoes quickly and easily, no peeler required! Then try some of the delicious, easy potato recipes at CookingVillage.
What's For Dinner
Sign up today for our daily
"What's for Dinner" Newsletter!
Top Ranked Recipes